It’s satisfying to end the week on a strong note.
That’s what I was able to do this Friday.
My Hero On A Mission (HOAM) morning routine confirms it’s true:
- as I read my HOAM Life Plan I remembered why my work’s important
- as I read my HOAM Goals for this quarter I realized what I needed to focus on
- as I used my HOAM Daily Planner I was able to reward myself because I accomplished what I identified as the Primary Tasks for each day
I was also able to complete several Secondary Tasks
Another thing I really like about all the HOAM tools is that they work with how we’re made.
That’s especially true when it comes to dopamine.
Our bodies make dopamine. When the brain releases dopamine we feel pleasure.
Whenever we check a box to signify that we accomplished something our brain releases a little, tiny shot of dopamine.
With the HOAM tools I get to check a box–
- every day I read my Life Plan
- every day I review my Goals
- every time I complete a task I’d written on my Daily Planner
Dopamine hit. Dopamine hit. Dopamine hit.
And it feels good!
Where do you get your dopamine?