With very few exceptions, doing something a second time is always easier than the first.
I have been living as a Hero On A Mission (HOAM) for three months. My first set of goals have hit their completion dates. It’s time for a quarterly review.
This past week I started going through the(HOAM) course a second time. It is providing me the opportunity to do a quarterly update of my Life Plan and goals.
What makes this especially fun is that I’m going through the course this time in a group.
We’re all Business Made Simple Certified Coaches.
Here’s What I’ve Noticed
- I am thrilled to see with fresh eyes just how well the first time through the HOAM course served me.
- It was so quick and easy to review my aspirational Obituary, My Story Summary, and my 10-year, 5-year, and 1-year Vision Statements.
- The biggest changes I made were to the Primary Tasks in my 1-year Vision Statement.
- The real work will be creating new Goals with the Goal Setting Sheets. That’s my next step.
- I decided I need to create a Word doc I’ll use to type my Life Plan and share with others who prefer Word to Adobe.
The Benefits of Quarterly Reviews
I benefit from doing a quarterly review like this. It keeps me focused.
When I wait longer than this to do a review, I find the momentum I gained starts to fizzle.
When that happens, I feel like I wasted previous work and precious time.
I hate that feeling.
Doing a quarterly review also connects me to the “Why” of my life.
Which makes each day meaningful.